Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Today's Inspiration: Quilting with literature

I was over at Kirsty's, as usual (I wish I had more hours in a day to get to all the Creative Spaces each week), and at link #1 was Kate's One Flew Over and her beautiful quilt.  Not only is it a beautiful piece of craftswomanship, but I really liked the printed word sections.  I'm not sure how she found/made those sections, but I am inspired to work pieces like that into my work.  Pick a favorite or interesting passage from a novel, cookbook, etc., print it onto printable fabric and add it to a yet to be determined creation...

All these wonderful inspirations floating around and so little time.  How do you all do it?

2 comments:

  1. I'm visiting from Kirsty's. Funny you should mention printing your own fabric. I've just made a postcard for a swap. The theme was "love" so I printed the words of a John Lennon song onto fabric and used it as the background. I just wrote out the words, scanned the paper and then printed it. Lots of fun and limitless to what you can print. Give it a go, it's huge fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the quilt love!

    Words on fabric looks great, I think the one I used was a japanese fabric but I reckon having a go yourself would be fabulous.

    ReplyDelete