Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Rushing is the Root of All Evil


I finished Nana Bear's blanket (far left) and Tiger Daddy's Grandma's blanket (middle) tonight.  I am happy to have finished, but was reminded that rushing can ruin a project.  When I compare tonight's blanket's with Dare Bear's blanket (far right), I could really see a difference in precision.  I rushed when I was cutting the pink blankets, was imprecise with my cutting, and I rushed tonight when sewing, so my seams are not straight, etc.  Not at all saleable.  Whereas Dare Bear's blanket, seams look even and top stitch is pretty even (at least 3 sides around) - much more professional looking.



The blankets are by no means ruined - Nana Bear will love hers and I hope Grandma will appreciate her's too.  Just not as close to perfect as I would like.  Cause of rushing: worried about all the other things that need to get done before we leave for our trip on Friday.  Wanted to make our friends' daughters some pony tail holders, need to pack my clothes and finish a couple more loads of laundry, but I don't want to stay up too late tomorrow and don't want to rush around stressing that I will forget something.  Of course, I'm somewhat stressing already.

Must remind myself: Just breathe and the rest will come...

Happy Crafting everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment