Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Goal Completed: Dare Bear's Blanket


Finally, some real crafting done this month.  Tonight I finished Dare Bear's Flannel and fleece blanket.  Rather simple, but he will like it.

I have been buying different fleece to get an idea of texture and weight.  I used a cuddly, one-sided fleece.  I didn't realize that it was one-sided when I purchased online and was a little disappointed when I received it.  However, upon completion, I see the advantages of one-sided fleece.  Since the blanket is flannel on one side, there is no need for the fleece to be double sided unless  I wanted a much heavier blanket.  The one-sided fleece is much lighter than the super cuddly, double-sided fleece.  It makes this blanket a little more versatile, since now I can use it pretty much year round either on his bed or on trips.

Next blanket will be Nana Bear's flannel/fleece blanket.  Hopefully I will get it done in time for our trip Northwest at the end of the month.  But, next on the to do list will be the shamrock key chains or pins, not sure which yet.  First, I need to turn some out so I can see what would look best.  St. Paddy's Day is just around the corner, so I better hop to it.

For more Creative Spaces, pop over to Kirsty's kootoyoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment