Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Fabric Hunting

With my crochet projects and needles in Sacramento, my crafting is a little blocked.  I like to multi-task, and in this day and age of Facebook, Twitter, TiVo, I have found myself with a short attention span.  So I often have two or more projects in process at a time (and sometimes dream up more to do add to the list).  Right now I have my crochet eggs, flower ponytail holders, and a number of sewing projects. To sew, I have to go to my parents, where my sewing machine has space to live. They are only two doors down so it's not too bad, but it means I can't watch TV with Tiger Daddy at the same time. 

So last night, we watched Castle and NCIS: LA and I perused the Fabric.com site for fabrics for future projects.  After such success and ease of sewing with the make-up bags, I decided that I wanted to make them into dop kits for the men and that I wanted to try using vinyl or laminated fabric instead of the iron vinyl.  So I searched through Fabric.com's vinyl, indoor/outdoor, and oil cloth sections and found some combinations for the guys and lots of fabrics for make-up bags.  Then it dawned on me that I could use the indoor/outdoor and heavy weight upholstery/home decor fabric for these bags.  They would be heavier duty and easiery to clean on the outside too. 

With taxes due the middle of the month, I'm in a look only mode for fabric right now.  But with the new job starting in May and the corresponding, if not ever so slight, wage increase, I can look forward to purchasing some in May - in time to craft for Father's day gifts. 

Don't you love it when the light bulb goes on and you come up with some good ideas?  So re-energizing.

Happy crafting all!

No comments:

Post a Comment