Friday, January 28, 2011

Frustration

After Wednesday night's thrill of finishing a beautiful project in a couple-a-few hours time, yesterday was quite disappointing and frustrating.  This year I volunteered to help make costumes for The Keiki's (my 5 y.o. daughter) after school program's play/fundraiser.  Well they gave me a pre-sewn shirt and asked me to sew elastic a few inches from the end of the sleeves.  Easy-peasy right???  Oh, I was so wrong.  After trying to do it the wrong way for a few hours, I finally realized that I needed to stretch the elastic over the fabric.  Well that is easy said than done too. At least for me.  So this weekend's project will be to somehow stretch the elastic and pin it and then sew it...  Oy. Google here I come.  If anyone has suggestions, please, please, please, let me know.

Thanks,
Gayle

No comments:

Post a Comment